Moderators:Fantasma da Opera, rockfenris2005

Rudolf in Korea

Fantasma da Opera
Leading Cast Member

Oct 28, 2011#1

Frank's Rudolf will open in South Korea in November 2012. The production will be presented by EMK Musical Company who also staged The Count of Monte Cristo

Not much info so far, but a tiny poster can be seen here

Canada67080
Leading Cast Member

Oct 30, 2011#2

I really need to move over there. Get to see all of Frank's shows.
Dislike

Canada67080
Leading Cast Member

Feb 03, 2012#3

Dislike

Fantasma da Opera
Leading Cast Member

Nov 18, 2012#4

And according to this footage from Dress Rehearsal, it seems that in Korea "The Writing's on the Wall" has been replaced by "Fear and Desire". It's still a duett between Taaffe and Larish which is good. But the scene is staged as in the Vienna version was Mary's confrontation with Taaffe.
I loved the song in Hungary but not as a replacement of the 1st one. So...either they've eliminated Mary's meeting with the Prime-Minister and now is Larish who goes, or they've decided to re-stage the duel between Taaffe and Mary.

Canada67080
Leading Cast Member

Sep 09, 2013#5

Highlights album from this production is available at SOM.

http://www.soundofmusic-shop.de/s01.php ... &bnr=16517
Dislike

Fantasma da Opera
Leading Cast Member

Sep 11, 2013#6

Actually it's not really a highlights album.

Two actors recorded the love songs (and The Steps of Tomorrow, though not clear if it will have chorus). By the way, those 10 tracks were recorded twice, in Korean AND in Japanese, by the same people. YesAsia has both CDs cheaper than SoM ;)

Canada67080
Leading Cast Member

Sep 11, 2013#7

Ok neat thanks.

Was hoping to find it elsewhere for less :)
Dislike

Juggler
Leading Cast Member

Feb 23, 2014#8

I found a video of Oak Joo-hyun performing "Only Love" in concert (posted on NanKnighton.com).

I couldn't find the Japanese version of this recording on YesAsia, though, only the Korean one. Does anyone know more about that?
Dislike

Fantasma da Opera
Leading Cast Member

Feb 23, 2014#9

The Japanese version is here. It's basically the same recording but sung in Japanese I think. I've only bought the Korean one so far, I'm waiting for Monte Cristo to have them both shipped at the same time.

Juggler
Leading Cast Member

Feb 26, 2014#10

Aha, yes. I missed that the first time around. Thanks!
Dislike